Uhoh! The dreadful time has come- you must relocate. Before you get stressed out…let us help you! Here, DC Pro Movers will walk you through the steps of how to choose a great local or long distance moving company.
Simply follow the five easy steps below:
1) Make sure the company is licensed with the Department of Transportation. Ask the company for their D.O.T. and MC numbers. Visit this website to check the status of their license: https://li-public.fmcsa.dot.gov/LIVIEW/pkg_carrquery.prc_carrlist
2) Check if they’re accredited with the Better Business Bureau. If they’re members with the BBB then you know that they’ve been investigated and proven to be a real, reputable company (unless they have a very low rating).
3) Ask for referrals. Gather a few referrals from all potential moving companies. Speaking to real customers about their experiences will allow you to gather information that you can’t get from the moving companies themselves.
4) Check online reviews. The internet is a great resource to investigate moving companies, there are many websites that feature moving reviews.
5) Ask the movers about hidden or non inclusive fees. The more information you have, the more calculated your decision will be. Be careful because most moving companies won’t reveal this information unless specifically asked.
If you follow the steps above, you can be confident that you’ve done your part to find the best moving company for you! Good luck with your move.