Summer’s here so let’s talk about summer moving! The moving industry gets very, very, VERY busy during the summer months. Did I say very?! Kids are out of school, young adults are on their college breaks, and parents want to move in before the beginning of the school year. It’s summer moving time! The truth is, temperature wise, I myself would much prefer to move in the summer rather than the dead of the freezing winter
If you have a move coming up this summer there are very important things to remember. Start here:
- Schedule in advance! Moving companies will be jam packed during the summer months. Try to book as much in advance as you can so you don’t get stuck with crazy high rates or no moving company at all.
- To get the best price, try to move in the middle of the week, in the middle of the month. This will be the cheapest option for an expensive season.
- If it’s a hot day, remember that it’s hot for the movers as well. Offer them cold water and understand if they need to take a few short breaks.
- Try to schedule your move for the morning, the first appointment of the day. In a busy season, the afternoon jobs may get delayed from the morning jobs.
- If moving into a storage facility make sure it’s climate controlled. Any extreme weather temperatures can damage your belongings if the units are not climate controlled.
- Try to ensure that there is working air conditioning at both locations..pick up and delivery.
- Some of your items won’t do well in the hot back of the truck. This is especially important if you’re moving a longer distance. Try to pack any items that will be damaged from the heat with you in the car.
DC Pro Movers is almost fully booked for this summer. Call now to book your upcoming summer move before we’re filled up!